In accordance with Governor Carney’s 17th Modification to Delaware’s Emergency Order, the MBA beach will open at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 22, 2020.
Our Beach and Community Patrol Task Force has been working hard to develop best practices and rules to help protect our families and their visitors during this unprecedented time. The MBA Board considered these recommendations at a Special Board meeting on Sunday.
When the beach opens at 5:00 PM on the 22nd, in addition to the standard rules for Middlesex Beach, we are asking beachgoers to follow:
- All guidelines put forth by the CDC for social distancing including:
- Beachgoers maintaining at least six (6) feet of distance between themselves and anyone outside their household. Face coverings are encouraged on the beach.
- Avoid gatherings in groups of people greater than ten (10).
Additionally, these changes to normal summer operations have been made to support social distancing and reduce hand contact to surfaces:
- A Traffic Plan for entrance to the beach has been developed; and will be enforced.
- Entrances TO the beach will be at the Evergreen and Errett beach walkways.
- Exits FROM the beach will at the Addy and Bayberry beach walkways.
- The beach walkway at Addy is the designated TWO-WAY walkway for people with mobility issues. Staff will assist with stopping traffic coming in the opposite direction.
- The walkway at Bridge Road will be CLOSED and only available for two-way use by MBA staff.
- The foot washes at all beach walkways have been turned off. Please do not attempt to turn the water on at these washers.
- The Sno Cone vendor will be allowed to enter the Ocean Side and will be parked inside the Rt 1 fences at Addy and Bayberry roads.
Please be mindful that there are many surfaces that you and your family members may wish to touch between your homes and other places in the MBA community. Please use safe practices.
I’d like to give a big shout-out of thanks to our Beach/Community Patrol Task Force Members who will continue to work with us as we move through the summer: Mark McCulloh, Mike O’Mara, Justin Voorheis, Colin Crandall, Dave Greer, Nancy Glasgow, and Ellen Throop.
This is also a reminder that surf fishing is CURRENTLY allowed on the MBA beach but effective Friday, May 22, surf fishing is allowed daily only BEFORE 10:00 AM and AFTER 5:00 PM.
Please be considerate of your neighbors and refrain from bringing chairs and other beach equipment to “stake out” your space ahead of your beach arrival time.
Vehicular traffic into the Ocean Side of the community must display a valid 2020 MBA Parking Pass. Contractors who are still working on ocean side projects are the only exception.
MBA residents and their guests will be required to display a valid 2020 MBA Beach Pass when using the beach.
We will do our very best to keep you informed and up to date as quickly as we can. We hope you are well and looking forward to a great summer!